In the Fall of 2019, as a result of RSA’s ReThink VR Performance initiative, RSA established the RehabData Workgroup consisting of Federal and State representatives with data or program expertise to identify how to use data to best tell the story of the success of the VR program and identify areas for continued evaluation. The Workgroup is charged with developing and distributing tools and information that State VR agencies may use to help assess VR program performance using data that is already being collected. The Workgroup will:
- Analyze VR data in the context of its relationship to WIOA performance measures, other VR program measures, and success of the VR program;
- Develop tools/metrics that State VR agencies may use to gauge performance and to help make the data user friendly and relevant to all VR professionals; and
- Assist RSA in identifying what data RSA can provide, on a regular basis, to all State VR agencies to help assess and inform decisions related to service delivery and performance of the VR program.
CSAVR and NCSAB assisted RSA with selecting the following Workgroup members:
- Rachel Anderson, WINTAC (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bill Colombo, Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MI-G) (email@example.com)
- Scott Dennis, Maryland Division of Rehabilitation Services (MD-C) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Natasha Jerde, Minnesota State Services for the Blind (MN-B) (email@example.com)
- Adam Leonard, Texas Workforce Commission (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kristen Mackey, Arizona Rehabilitation Services Administration (AZ-C) (email@example.com)
RSA is represented by:
Measurable Skill Gains Tool
The MSG Tool showcases data reported by VR agencies for Program Years 2017 and 2018. The tool provides National and State-level MSG data to all VR programs while being a resource for State VR agencies to analyze their MSG data, compared to National rates, similar States and/or agencies, and a variety of additional ways.