Case Service Report (RSA-911)
Information on this page supports the data required to be collected and reported for the Case Service Report (RSA-911). This information is designed to be used by State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) agencies..
State VR agencies will collect and report RSA-911 data consistent with PD-19-03 for Program Year (PY) 2020 (July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021) and PY 2021 (July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022).
PD-19-03 – May 6, 2019 (PDF, 890KB)
State VR agencies will collect and report RSA-911 data consistent with PD-16-04, dated June 14, 2017, for three PYs: 2017, 2018, and 2019 (July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2020).
PD-16-04 – June 14, 2017 (PDF, 1MB)
- State VR agencies submitted RSA-911 data in accordance with PD-14-01, dated October 25, 2013, for Federal Fiscal Year 2016 (October 1, 2015 through September 30, 2016) and the first three quarters of Federal Fiscal Year 2017 (October 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017).
PD-14-01 – October 25, 2013 (PDF, 520KB)
Excel File of RSA-911 (PD 19-03)"Excel File of RSA-911 (PD 19-03)"
RSA has issued the RSA-911, that will be implemented in PY 2020, in Excel file format. This file outlines the correction of a few typographical errors contained in PD 19-03.
RSA/WINTAC RSA-911 (PD 19-03) Training Series
Beginning in October 2019, RSA and the WINTAC will provide a series of eight pre-recorded trainings related to the RSA-911. The training series will be posted on the WINTAC website (two trainings per month through January 2020). The training series and estimated schedule is:
- Background and Implementation (October 2019)
- Reporting Expenditures for VR Services (October 2019)
- Pre-Employment Transition Services (November 2019)
- Supported Employment Services (November 2019)
- Measurable Skill Gains and Credential Attainment (December 2019)
- Exit and Post-Exit Data Elements (December 2019)
- New Data Elements – Additional “Need to Know” Information (January 2020)
- RSA-911 Information Used in the WIOA Annual Report (January 2020)
The intended audience is State VR agency personnel who are responsible for RSA-911 data collection and reporting activities (e.g., directors, case management system administrators, policy and training personnel, data analysts, and related program staff). The training series is not intended for VR Counselors and other front-line staff. The objectives of the training series are to:
- Explain the intent of PD-19-03 reporting requirements.
- Assist State VR agencies in the implementation of the revised RSA-911 in Program Year 2020.
- When possible, share examples of what needs to live outside of RSA-911 reporting, in addition to the discussed data elements (e.g., source documentation).
- Provide other considerations and expectations during each training (e.g., policies State VR agencies need to establish and implement, tools and resources that are available, and internal controls).
Case Service Report (RSA-911) Crosswalk of Changes"Case Service Report (RSA-911) Crosswalk of Changes (Excel)"
To assist State VR agencies with collecting and reporting VR program data, RSA developed a crosswalk of changes made to the Case Service Report (RSA-911) from PD-16-04 to PD-19-03, which will be implemented in Program Year 2020. These changes pertain to some RSA-911 Data Elements and various code values specified in the appendices.
Case Service Report (RSA-911) Correction Procedures
"Case Service Report (RSA-911) Correction Procedures" – (PDF, 317KB)
Despite the rigorous internal controls State VR agencies have implemented and continually refine related to collecting and reporting accurate information on the RSA-911, RSA recognizes that agencies will occasionally report information that is incorrect. When these mistakes happen, RSA has established three ways agencies may address them. When an agency identifies a reporting error and regardless of the specific correction procedure it uses to fix the error, RSA encourages the agency to assess the effectiveness of its internal controls to ensure its policies, procedures, quality assurance methods, and other tools to inform whether they could be enhanced to strengthen data collection and reporting and avoid future errors in reporting.
Guidelines: Supporting Documentation for Case Service Report (RSA-911)
"Guidelines: Supporting Documentation for Case Service Report (RSA-911)" (PDF, 107KB) assists VR agencies with maintaining appropriate supporting documentation in individual service records.
The examples of supporting documentation in these guidelines illustrate the types of documents RSA would consider to demonstrate the validity and accuracy of certain key data reported through the RSA-911. This is not an exhaustive list and there may be other documents that RSA would find provide sufficient support to verify the data.
Webinars on the RSA-911 (PD 16-04)
RSA developed a series of webinars related to the changes in the collection and reporting of data via the RSA-911 under PD 16-04. In these webinars, RSA provided an overview of the performance measures, key terms in the joint policy guidance, information on how the terms apply to VR, and the RSA-911. RSA also discusses the deliverable timelines for 2016 and 2017 and how to use RSA-911 data to monitor performance.
Questions about the RSA-911
Read answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the RSA-911. Other questions can be answered by sending an email to RSAData@ed.gov.
This content was copied from www.ed.gov on 02/09/2018