TSPD is led by Mary Lovley and is responsible for administering several programs under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended by WIOA, as well as the Randolph-Sheppard Act. The programs are a mix of competitive, discretionary grants, state formula grants, and direct appropriations. TSPD consists of two units. The Training Programs Unit administers the rehabilitation training and special demonstration programs while the Service Programs Unit administers direct service-related programs and projects. TSPD staff carry out the following activities in administering these programs:
- Monitor grants and provide technical assistance;
- Conduct discretionary grant competitions and process grant awards;
- Coordinate arbitrations for the Randolph-Sheppard program;
- Review and analyze data, prepare reports including the annual summary of the vendors and vending facilities; and
- Work with grantees to develop program performance measures, which are used to evaluate and monitor grantees.
TSPD consists of the following two Units: