TSPD is led by Director Corinna Stiles.
TSPD is responsible for administering several programs under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended by WIOA, as well as the Randolph-Sheppard Act. The programs are a mix of competitive, discretionary grants, state formula grants, and direct appropriations. TSPD consists of two units. The Training Programs Unit (Corinna Stiles, Interim Chief) administers the rehabilitation training and special demonstration programs while the Service Programs Unit (Corinne Weidenthal, Chief) administers direct service-related programs and projects. TSPD staff carry out the following activities in administering these programs:
- Monitor grants and provide technical assistance;
- Conduct discretionary grant competitions and process grant awards;
- Coordinate arbitrations for the Randolph-Sheppard program;
- Review and analyze data, prepare reports including the annual summary of the vendors and vending facilities; and
- Work with grantees to develop program performance measures, which are used to evaluate and monitor grantees.
Grant Application Package
Historically, RSA used a specific application package for RSA’s discretionary grant competitions because several of the programs have program-specific selection criteria identified either in statute or regulations. However, the Department updated the generic application package to include the ability to use program specific or statutory criteria, if approved previously, and if program offices were not adding program specific forms or other specific information beyond the selection criteria. RSA requested approval to transition to the Department’s generic application package at that time. In April 2022, the Department’s generic application package was approved for RSA use resulting in a decrease of burden hours for the submission of proposals.