SMPID is led by Director Carol Dobak.
SMPID responsible for the review and approval of WIOA Unified and Combined State Plans and administration of RSA's five formula grant programs:
- State Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program;
- State Supported Employment Services Program;
- Independent Living Services Program for Older Individuals who are Blind;
- Client Assistance Program; and
- Protection and Advocacy for Individual Rights
SMPID also conducts monitoring of these programs to ensure consistency with Federal requirements and to ensure that States continue to implement programs designed to improve results for individuals with disabilities. SMPID consists of the following four Units:
- Vocational Rehabilitation Program Unit: Suzanne Mitchell, Chief
- Technical Assistance Unit: Ed Vitelli, Chief
- Fiscal Unit: David Steele, Chief
- Data Collection and Analysis Unit: Christopher Pope, Chief
State Teams, consisting of RSA staff from each SMPID Unit, carry-out the work of the Division.