CFDA Number: 84.326E
Program Type: Discretionary/Competitive Grants
The NTACT is funded by the Office of Special Education Programs and RSA and provides technical assistance to all States and Territories to ensure transition-age youth with disabilities receive high-quality education services. NTACT’s overarching goal is to assist State Educational Agencies (SEAs), Local Educational Agencies (LEAs), State VR agencies, and VR service providers in implementing evidence-based and promising practices ensuring that students with disabilities, including those with significant disabilities, graduate prepared for success in postsecondary education and employment.
The center has five specific goals aligned with OSEP/RSA priorities:
- Youth and young adults with disabilities receive and participate in evidence-based and promising practices in secondary transition services and supports.
- SEAs and LEAs implement evidence-based and promising practices and strategies, including early warning and intervention systems to reduce dropout and increase graduation rates.
- Students with disabilities participate in career-related curricula so they are prepared for postsecondary employment and careers.
- Students with disabilities receive rigorous academic preparation so they are prepared for success in postsecondary education.
- SEAs, State VR agencies, LEAs, and local VR offices use data-driven decision making to develop their respective plans and reports.