CFDA Number: 84.326E
Program Type: Discretionary/Competitive Grants
The NTACT:C is funded by RSA and the Office of Special Education Programs. The Center provides technical assistance to all States and Territories to ensure transition-age youth with disabilities receive high-quality education services. NTACT’s overarching goal is to assist State Educational Agencies (SEAs), Local Educational Agencies (LEAs), VR agencies, and VR service providers in implementing evidence-based and promising practices ensuring that students with disabilities, including those with significant disabilities, graduate prepared for success in postsecondary education and employment.
NTACT:C has five specific goals aligned with OSEP/RSA priorities:
- Youth and young adults with disabilities receive and participate in evidence-based and promising practices in secondary transition services and supports.
- SEAs and LEAs implement evidence-based and promising practices and strategies, including early warning and intervention systems to reduce dropout and increase graduation rates.
- Students with disabilities participate in career-related curricula so they are prepared for postsecondary employment and careers.
- Students with disabilities receive rigorous academic preparation so they are prepared for success in postsecondary education.
- SEAs, VR agencies, LEAs, and local VR offices use data-driven decision making to develop their respective plans and reports.
States and public or nonprofit agencies and organizations, including Indian tribes and Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) may apply.